Luxembourg’s first PPP (private-public partnership) project - on time and on budget!
In 2009, the Luxembourg government commissioned us, along with our partner and HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) specialist “A+P Kieffer Omnitec”, to develop, build, operate and finance this ambitious project with a floor area totalling around 44,000m2.
Completed in a record time of just 36 months, the school campus welcomed its first intake of 1,600 students at the start of the second semester in 2011.
We designed the campus to incorporate appealing architecture, sustainable, spacious and brightly lit buildings, direct lines of communication and sizeable areas set aside for cultural activities, sports and recreation.
Teachers and students now enjoy environmentally-friendly, state-of-the-art facilities, and are thriving in a lively, enterprising environment - a genuine first for the country.
These facilities include:
- the two main buildings for both schools, interlinked by a large glass atrium that serves as a shared hall;
- 90 classrooms, lecture theatres and staff rooms;
- 27 specialist rooms: laboratories, IT rooms, multimedia rooms, photography rooms and several other workshops (woodwork/metalwork/electronics);
- a suite of teaching kitchens;
- a music suite with 10 studios, a theatre and its annexes;
- a library;
- a sports complex comprising several halls and a 2,000m2 outdoor pitch;
- an industrial kitchen capable of serving 900 meals per day, with a canteen;
- boarding facilities to accommodate 90 students.