Progress report on the Junglinster bypass
The Junglinster bypass begins to the east of this locality, at the N11/CR121 crossroad that will be transformed into a roundabout, and goes toward the south, bypasses the ‘Reiland’ residential area and then follows along the edge of the ‘Heed’ plateau and spans the Aessebaach valley via a 444 metre long viaduct. It then connects to the " Laangwiss " business area by a roundabout, passes under the N11 highway to reach the old route with a large loop connecting back to the N11 at the entrance of the town of Gonderange.
Felix Giorgetti completed Lot 2 of the bypass, concerning a covered section on the O.A.110 that was 150 m long and 5.70 m high. The covered section consists of a 14.75 m wide reinforced concrete portico.
Working is currently underway on Lot 3. The viaduct of Lot 3 is the most important part of the bypass construction. Given the configuration of the Aessebach valley, the viaduct must be 444 m in length and rise up 30 m from the natural ground level.
The width of the deck will be 17 m, corresponding to three lanes.
Lot 4 of Lënsterbierg will be the last part of the bypass. It concerns:
- a new section of road, 1660 metres long, that is part of the current section of the Junglinster bypass
- a 18 m long underpass (OA 130) below the new Junglinster bypass which will connect to an existing farm road
- a new highway interchange , connecting the Junglinster bypass to the roundabout north of Junglinster near the P & R, equipped with entrance and exit ramps in a " trumpet" configuration.
- a 37m long overpass (OA 140 ) above the new bypass road, at the level of the interchange.
- a 17.50m long underpass (OA 150), below the RN11 national road, connecting to the PC2 national cycle route .
- a new roundabout, with a diameter of 55 m, connecting the existing RN11 and the CR121 and providing access to the future P & R at the existing recycling centre, at the junction of the Junglinster bypass.
- A new Park & Ride (P + R) with 250 parking spaces and two bus stops will be built between the Junglinster bypass and the local communal road leading to the recycling centre.